We know Outlook mail service has great features, but errors are also part of it. The outlook is the email service provider that helps in sending and receiving the mails. Many people around the globe use the software and take advantage of its advanced features. It includes send/receive service, manage personal items, you can draft your images and important documents for further use. Users of Outlook can access to calendar, contacts, events and journals along with more features. There are multiple errors that can affect your outlook and can hamper your work. In the list of errors, Outlook Error 0x800ccc1a is among them.
In Outlook this happens quite often that it is working correctly in a moment and in the second moment, it is showing errors. When such type of error occurs, it stops the working of Outlook and can also make you unable to send and receive emails. Therefore in this article, we are going to explain- how to fix Error 0x800ccc1a.
But before moving towards the solution let us know more about it:
Cause Of Outlook Error 0x800ccc1a:
The error is often called the Hexadecimal format of error. The code is used by the vendors mostly. Why this error occurs, there is a reason behind it, which is very important to know.
0x800ccc1a error cause when users try to connect the mail server through Secure Socket Layer (SSL), and it is unable to make the connection.
In other words, the error is also explained as that the error occurs when an outlook user tries to send or receive mails. Since outlook has two servers for sending and receiving mails both, therefore if the email client application is not able to contact one server then the user will receive an error. And this happens due to incorrect settings.
Symptoms Of Error 0x800ccc1a:
Below we have mentioned some common symptoms to detect the error:
- PC frequently crashes with the error while running the same program.
- When the error occurs, it generally crashes the Window.
- If your device is going through this error then your Windows will run slowly.
- Your device will delay in accepting the mouse and keyboard inputs.
- Continuously your system freezes for a few seconds.
- The Outlook error is shown in the dialog box all the time.
Methods To Fix Outlook 0x800ccc1a Error:
Method 1: Reconfigure Outlook:
- Open Microsoft Outlook in your device
- Then click on Tools in the menu bar and select Account Settings
- Email Account window will get opened, click on Change
- Now click on More Settings
- When the Internet Email Settings window will get open, click on Advanced Tab and remove the tick from “This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL)” in the incoming server.
- Select Ok >> Next >> Finish
Method 2: Repair Outlook Pst File:
- Open File Explorer and go to the path through Program File >> Microsoft Office >> Office 12 folder
- Next, you have to click on scanpst.exe and browse to open the corrupt file.
- Now click on Start so that the file can be repaired.
- Click on Repair, if any error found.
- When the repair process is completed it will soon show.
Method 3: Run Windows System File Checker:
- Click the Start button of Windows and type Command in search box
- Now press Ctrl + Shift key on your keyboard and click Enter.
- The dialog box will get open, and click Yes.
- A black window will get open along with a blinking cursor.
- Now type sfc/scannow and press Enter.
- System File Check window will get open and it will help in scanning all the errors.
Once the scanner gets open, it will automatically check all the errors in Outlook. The scan will also detect the error 0x800ccc1a and will run the troubleshooter to rectify it. After that, your Microsoft Outlook will start working normally.
The Above mentioned methods are the most possible solutions to fix the 0x800ccc1a error. The error is very complicated and cannot be solved without proper guidance. So, apply the above methods to rectify this issue from your Outlook.